- August 14, 2019 at 8:25 PM#10246Russian language manager D
What does adulting mean?
Adulting is an informal term to describe behavior that is seen as responsible and grown-up. This behavior often involves meeting the mundane demands of independent and professional … see more
- August 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM#10247
- August 15, 2019 at 6:23 PM#10255Lead Community Manager
I have often heard and read of people using the slang “bae”; I thought it might have meant something like best friend or something like that and only recently learned it actually meant: A pet name that … see more
- August 15, 2019 at 8:06 PM#10258Russian language manager D
The word chuffed is British slang for “very pleased.”
Chuffed may come from an old word, chuff, meaning “puffed up with fat,” apparently taken up in slang as early as the 1860s to imply a sense … see more
- August 15, 2019 at 8:07 PM#10259Russian language manager D
If something greatly displeases you in British English, you might say you’re gutted. To American English ears, gutted calls to mind something many may indeed find displeasing: when the guts of an … see more
- August 15, 2019 at 8:12 PM#10260
- August 16, 2019 at 4:46 PM#10264Portuguese Language Manager
- August 16, 2019 at 4:56 PM#10265Portuguese Language Manager
In normal terms, beat would be used as a verb meaning ‘to win’ (Boston Celtics beat New York Knicks) or ‘to hit’ (Paul, stop beating your brother) however, in slang it means he … see more
- August 19, 2019 at 6:58 PM#10312Russian language manager D
What does fye mean?
Fye is a slang expression used to describe someone or something that is excellent or in a state of excitement.
Example: “**** this new ciara is soooo fye”
Fye, pronounced “fi-yuh,” … see more
- August 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM#10313Russian language manager D
What does je ne sais quoi mean?
Je ne sais quoi literally means “I don’t know what” in French. The phrase was borrowed into English as an expression of a quality that makes something or someone attractive, … see more
- August 19, 2019 at 7:04 PM#10314Russian language manager D
- August 19, 2019 at 7:05 PM#10315
- August 19, 2019 at 7:09 PM#10316Russian language manager D
What does per se mean?
Per se is a Latin phrase literally meaning “by itself.” It has the sense of “intrinsically,” or “in and of itself.” In everyday speech, it’s commonly used to distinguish between … see more
- August 19, 2019 at 7:13 PM#10317
- August 19, 2019 at 7:16 PM#10318Russian language manager D
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.