Tagged: #languages #translation
- November 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM#12279Chinese LM
1. TRANSLATING JOKES
Translating jokes is just about the hardest part of a translator’s job, because most jokes are bursting with cultural nuances and local customs. Beyond language translation, you’ve … see more
- November 20, 2019 at 2:19 PM#12293Russian language manager Z
Translating jokes and slang is the most challenging for me. And of course forgetting the right word at the wrong time 🙂 is not what you want to happen with you.
But what I really dislike is when some … see more
- December 18, 2019 at 8:45 PM#12936María soledad B
I really liked this article! I would also add that we translators hate it when people think we are just “walking dictionaries”. I’m sure many of you who are translators or interpreters have suffered that … see more
- December 19, 2019 at 6:53 AM#12957
- December 20, 2019 at 12:32 PM#12986Italian Language Tutor 1
What I dislike most is people – not least other professionals in the sector such as PMs at the translation agencies – not realizing how much time and effort translating a text requires. I feel frustrated … see more
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.